Anybody ever ask their boss for a raise in Trinidad

Find Salary Information For Jobs In Trinidad And Tobago Forums Working in Trinidad and Tobago Anybody ever ask their boss for a raise in Trinidad

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Admin 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Admin
    Keymaster

Anybody ever ask their boss for a raise in Trinidad

Melissa Ali
    Participant

I think most people are a bit skeptical about asking for a raise. Then again it’s the type of relationship you have with your boss. I’ve never asked for one even after I work extra hours for free.

Kmart26
    Participant

The company I work at conducts yearly appraisals,so salary reviews are done based on experience and performance. Usually the director negotiates salary increases in behalf of staff.

Anonymous

kmart26 well you rel luck. I never work anywhere in Trinidad where my salary raise was based on experience and performance. You could over perform and they would still say you didn’t some unachievable target.

Shells
    Participant

Working in the public service, NOT on contract, raises are negotiated by the Public Services Association…there’s no asking your boss for a raise.

In some Private sector companies they do market surveys every couple years, and raises are linked to peer research.

Reaper
    Participant

I asked for a raise once and was advised to budget better. My boss even suggested I make sandwiches at home and bring to work. It was a good suggestion but the reason I was asking was because I was being offered a higher paying position at another branch (yes within the same company) but the manager didn’t want me to go. I eventually resigned for a better job as newcomers were being offered better salaries than I was receiving despite good performance appraisals.

Ayrice
    Participant

I’ve worked at two large insurance companies at basically the same job and because one wasn’t unionised the salaries weren’t as competitive. However, both companies did annual appraisals and both gave bonuses and increased salaries every year. It really depends on where you work.

I’ve never asked for a raise because of those factors. I just did my best at my job.

Anonymous

Lols @ reaper. Yea budget better seems like the crappy response my boss would give me also, sigh

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  .

Admin
    Keymaster

Yes Ayrice, if you are with a trade union you have it a lil better. But in the private sector you and the man next to you getting a way different salary.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.